+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Shoutbox

February 24, 2024, 03:30:28 PM !TTM!Mayhem says: Hello Rob...thank goodness, I was becoming concerned, M8.

February 23, 2024, 07:59:51 PM !TTM!HeadUK says: Hi all and Mark. I'll pm you mark shortly .

January 29, 2024, 09:38:56 AM !TTM!DonPietro 比利 says: Lol wow neo, that's a blast from the past.  Hope all are doing well?

January 17, 2024, 02:46:00 PM !TTM!Mayhem says: "!TTM!HeadUK says: The player Leo that was on the server last night was NEO lol." Yes, I had already had some interaction with him at an earlier date...the more the merrier!

January 08, 2024, 02:13:01 PM !TTM!HeadUK says: Cheers Tom.

January 08, 2024, 01:02:16 PM ToMMy2 says: For those who are not Ranked 55 and would like to unlock all weapon please go here it only take 30 second.
51.89.142.126:28950
Ranking Server
Thanks to OGHF no promotion intended

January 08, 2024, 12:56:46 PM ToMMy2 says: Hello I will be there if I dn't fall asleep lamo x

January 08, 2024, 10:27:07 AM !TTM!HeadUK says: The player Leo that was on the server last night was NEO lol.

January 08, 2024, 10:25:19 AM !TTM!HeadUK says: Welcome back Mr Smith (Tommy)

January 02, 2024, 03:49:33 AM !TTM!Gunbarrle says: hello guys :)

View Shout History

+-Stats ezBlock

Members
Total Members: 315
Latest: khsobhanah
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 4937
Total Topics: 466
Most Online Today: 704
Most Online Ever: 3553
(February 16, 2020, 12:12:39 AM)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 706
Total: 706

Server Banner

Post your computer specs here (Help needed)

Started by !TTM!Scotty, February 14, 2018, 12:49:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

!TTM!Scotty

Ok first off I can't brag about my computers as they are a pile of shite. I simply can't afford a new one as like all of us we have bills to pay. I wouldn't mind upgrading my old dual core to a better processor but the problem is that the computer randomly freezes then reboots a lot, I have no idea why it does this and tbh I know deep down upgrading the tower is rather pointless but if someone can offer any ideas why it crashes then fire away. All I know is that it's not memory problem, I have never changed thermal paste since purchased so could this be the problem?

I have posted picture of my computer specs

!TTM!HeadUK

The thermal paste will go hard after a time and lose its integrity thus causing the cpu to overheat and shut down, so best change the paste first to eliminate that from the problem cause :)

!TTM!Scotty

I'll try some Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut paste next time I make a purchased on amazon or whatever then try to apply it myself.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Thermal-Grizzly-Kryonaut-Compound-Compounds/dp/B011F7W3LU

!TTM!HeadUK

Its honestly a 5 minute task Scott, and unlike doing the same task on any AMD CPU there's no chance of you ripping the CPU out of it's socket or bending the pins.    Your heat sink/fan will be held down by either 4 screws or 4 retaining pins which expand and secure to the motherboard.  If the heat sink is held down by 4 screws then undo them and lift the heat sink just clear of the CPU retaining clip.  Wipe off any old hardened paste from the top of the CPU and base of the heat sink then apply the new paste into the center of the CPU.  No need to spread the paste over the CPU, beings the pressure of the screws or retaining pins will do that  Now place the heat sink/fan into the correct position with the screw holes lining up, then tighten each one up a couple of turns.  If your happy the screws have located in the CPU back plate properly, then tighten each screw up fully.   Job done  :).

!TTM!HeadUK

I have a packard-bell-imedia-s3840 base unit your welcome to have Scott, but its not the i3, i5 or i7 version. However its really clean and very compact with 6 gig of ram, and a 1 terabye hard drive that's been partitioned by me in half to give 2 x 500 gig drives. I've cleaned out all the dust from the case/heastsink/fan and re applied arctic paste to the CPU, so its ready to rock and roll ;D

There's a cd/dvd rom in it (which i put in) and it has the pentium R G530 dual core cpu in it which is running at 2 x 2.7 ghz. its has the lga1155 socket H2 motherboard in it as well, so it will take any of the older 1st or 2nd gen i3,i5 or i7 socket H2 based CPU's.  The only thing it needs is a 1 or 2 gig low profile pcie based graphic card to run cod 4 perfectly, beings its running on the onboard GPU at the moment. It's also has windows 10 and microsoft office installed on it.  Ooh and its has a decent wifi card installed it as well, so no need for any internet lan cable, and a HDMI onboard graphic port to connect to any size modern TV :).

The postage cost will be about £40 via parcel post 48 Scott, so that's all it will cost you if you want it :).

https://www.reevoo.com/p/packard-bell-imedia-s3840

!TTM!DonPietro 比利

The best things in life are free but unfortunately people only value things that cost money.

!TTM!Scotty

Thanks for the kind offer but I'll first see how it goes with the thermal paste, if it's stable then I might get a phenom quad core processor off the bay for around 20 to 30 quid as they often sell for a very low price.

!TTM!HeadUK

.OcG|spoonY

Quote from: Scotty on February 14, 2018, 12:49:56 PM
Ok first off I can't brag about my computers as they are a pile of shite. I simply can't afford a new one as like all of us we have bills to pay. I wouldn't mind upgrading my old dual core to a better processor but the problem is that the computer randomly freezes then reboots a lot, I have no idea why it does this and tbh I know deep down upgrading the tower is rather pointless but if someone can offer any ideas why it crashes then fire away. All I know is that it's not memory problem, I have never changed thermal paste since purchased so could this be the problem?

I have posted picture of my computer specs

check the event viewer mate if this is still a problem

!TTM!HeadUK

Cheers Spoony for your advice, but did you notice the two images show two different cpu's with different amounts of ram. So which one of these cpu's is causing the problem Scott?. The AMD Athlon 64 will only run on the AM2 M/BOARD and the A4 processor runs on the AM2+ board. I have a A4-6300 CPU spare Scott if you wanna try that, but it only runs on the AM2+ board  :).     

tommy

Operating system: Sinclair BASIC
Manufacturer: Timex Group USA, Inc.
Media: Cassette tape, 3-inch floppy disk on Spectrum +3

!TTM!DonPietro 比利

Quote from: |VsOp|ToMMy on May 01, 2018, 11:59:08 PM
Operating system: Sinclair BASIC
Manufacturer: Timex Group USA, Inc.
Media: Cassette tape, 3-inch floppy disk on Spectrum +3

Beast!  ;D
The best things in life are free but unfortunately people only value things that cost money.

!TTM!DonPietro 比利

bloody hell 72 quid lol still, if I was minted, I think I'd actually go for one.

+-Recent Topics

Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, by khsobhanah
March 14, 2024, 03:16:16 PM

Update on Rob by !TTM!DavJaVu
December 25, 2023, 12:10:49 AM

getting old by !TTM!DonPietro 比利
September 21, 2023, 12:04:44 AM

people by !TTM!HeadUK
September 11, 2023, 05:13:07 PM

daffy duck by !TTM!HeadUK
August 09, 2023, 10:45:46 AM

Website Moved host by !TTM!HeadUK
February 26, 2023, 10:59:30 PM

Euro Truck Simulator 2 by !TTM!DavJaVu