Username:

Password:

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

!TTM! ShoutBox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 267
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Anti Cheat Groups

!TTM! CoD4 PB files Download *

Author Topic: Post your computer specs here (Help needed)  (Read 4571 times)

Scotty

• !TTM! Supporter
Post your computer specs here (Help needed)
« on: February 14, 2018, 12:49:56 PM »
Ok first off I can't brag about my computers as they are a pile of shite. I simply can't afford a new one as like all of us we have bills to pay. I wouldn't mind upgrading my old dual core to a better processor but the problem is that the computer randomly freezes then reboots a lot, I have no idea why it does this and tbh I know deep down upgrading the tower is rather pointless but if someone can offer any ideas why it crashes then fire away. All I know is that it's not memory problem, I have never changed thermal paste since purchased so could this be the problem?

I have posted picture of my computer specs

« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 01:23:25 PM by !TTM!Scotty »

!TTM!HeadUK

• !TTM! Clan Leader
  • mobile 07967514342
Re: Post your computer specs here (Help needed)
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 01:32:05 PM »
The thermal paste will go hard after a time and lose its integrity thus causing the cpu to overheat and shut down, so best change the paste first to eliminate that from the problem cause :)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 01:33:54 PM by !TTM!HeadUK »

Scotty

• !TTM! Supporter
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 03:39:15 PM »
I'll try some Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut paste next time I make a purchased on amazon or whatever then try to apply it myself.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Thermal-Grizzly-Kryonaut-Compound-Compounds/dp/B011F7W3LU

!TTM!HeadUK

• !TTM! Clan Leader
  • mobile 07967514342
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 04:41:46 PM »
Its honestly a 5 minute task Scott, and unlike doing the same task on any AMD CPU there's no chance of you ripping the CPU out of it's socket or bending the pins.    Your heat sink/fan will be held down by either 4 screws or 4 retaining pins which expand and secure to the motherboard.  If the heat sink is held down by 4 screws then undo them and lift the heat sink just clear of the CPU retaining clip.  Wipe off any old hardened paste from the top of the CPU and base of the heat sink then apply the new paste into the center of the CPU.  No need to spread the paste over the CPU, beings the pressure of the screws or retaining pins will do that  Now place the heat sink/fan into the correct position with the screw holes lining up, then tighten each one up a couple of turns.  If your happy the screws have located in the CPU back plate properly, then tighten each screw up fully.   Job done  :).

!TTM!HeadUK

• !TTM! Clan Leader
  • mobile 07967514342
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2018, 04:20:53 AM »
I have a packard-bell-imedia-s3840 base unit your welcome to have Scott, but its not the i3, i5 or i7 version. However its really clean and very compact with 6 gig of ram, and a 1 terabye hard drive that's been partitioned by me in half to give 2 x 500 gig drives. I've cleaned out all the dust from the case/heastsink/fan and re applied arctic paste to the CPU, so its ready to rock and roll ;D

There's a cd/dvd rom in it (which i put in) and it has the pentium R G530 dual core cpu in it which is running at 2 x 2.7 ghz. its has the lga1155 socket H2 motherboard in it as well, so it will take any of the older 1st or 2nd gen i3,i5 or i7 socket H2 based CPU's.  The only thing it needs is a 1 or 2 gig low profile pcie based graphic card to run cod 4 perfectly, beings its running on the onboard GPU at the moment. It's also has windows 10 and microsoft office installed on it.  Ooh and its has a decent wifi card installed it as well, so no need for any internet lan cable, and a HDMI onboard graphic port to connect to any size modern TV :).

The postage cost will be about £40 via parcel post 48 Scott, so that's all it will cost you if you want it :).

https://www.reevoo.com/p/packard-bell-imedia-s3840
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 04:53:17 AM by !TTM!HeadUK »

!TTM!DonPietro 比利

• !TTM! Assistant Clan Leader
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2018, 09:23:06 AM »
Very nice of you Rob mate :)
The best things in life are free but unfortunately people only value things that cost money.

Scotty

• !TTM! Supporter
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2018, 10:08:10 AM »
Thanks for the kind offer but I'll first see how it goes with the thermal paste, if it's stable then I might get a phenom quad core processor off the bay for around 20 to 30 quid as they often sell for a very low price.

!TTM!HeadUK

• !TTM! Clan Leader
  • mobile 07967514342
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2018, 11:46:24 PM »
That's fine Scott and glad i could help :).

.OcG|spoonY

• !TTM! Supporter
  • I am a newbie please be gentle
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2018, 10:16:38 AM »
Ok first off I can't brag about my computers as they are a pile of shite. I simply can't afford a new one as like all of us we have bills to pay. I wouldn't mind upgrading my old dual core to a better processor but the problem is that the computer randomly freezes then reboots a lot, I have no idea why it does this and tbh I know deep down upgrading the tower is rather pointless but if someone can offer any ideas why it crashes then fire away. All I know is that it's not memory problem, I have never changed thermal paste since purchased so could this be the problem?

I have posted picture of my computer specs

check the event viewer mate if this is still a problem

!TTM!HeadUK

• !TTM! Clan Leader
  • mobile 07967514342
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2018, 06:20:00 PM »
Cheers Spoony for your advice, but did you notice the two images show two different cpu's with different amounts of ram. So which one of these cpu's is causing the problem Scott?. The AMD Athlon 64 will only run on the AM2 M/BOARD and the A4 processor runs on the AM2+ board. I have a A4-6300 CPU spare Scott if you wanna try that, but it only runs on the AM2+ board  :).     
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 06:24:34 PM by !TTM!HeadUK »

|VsOp|ToMMy

• !TTM! Clan Executive
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2018, 11:59:08 PM »
Operating system: Sinclair BASIC
Manufacturer: Timex Group USA, Inc.
Media: Cassette tape, 3-inch floppy disk on Spectrum +3

!TTM!DonPietro 比利

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2018, 10:01:27 AM »
Operating system: Sinclair BASIC
Manufacturer: Timex Group USA, Inc.
Media: Cassette tape, 3-inch floppy disk on Spectrum +3

Beast!  ;D
The best things in life are free but unfortunately people only value things that cost money.

|VsOp|ToMMy

• !TTM! Clan Executive
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2018, 02:08:09 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

!TTM!DonPietro 比利

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2018, 10:28:56 PM »
bloody hell 72 quid lol still, if I was minted, I think I'd actually go for one.

* !TTM! Group Links

* Search

* !TTM! Donation Box

Please Support Us!

Please help support !TTM! by making a small donation?
All donations will be used for all our Server Fees!

Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: £150.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £20.00
PayPal Fees: £0.88
Net Balance: £19.12
Below Goal: £130.88
Site Currency: GBP
 13%
June Donations
Jun-1  !TTM!Slash...