+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Shoutbox

February 24, 2024, 03:30:28 PM !TTM!Mayhem says: Hello Rob...thank goodness, I was becoming concerned, M8.

February 23, 2024, 07:59:51 PM !TTM!HeadUK says: Hi all and Mark. I'll pm you mark shortly .

January 29, 2024, 09:38:56 AM !TTM!DonPietro 比利 says: Lol wow neo, that's a blast from the past.  Hope all are doing well?

January 17, 2024, 02:46:00 PM !TTM!Mayhem says: "!TTM!HeadUK says: The player Leo that was on the server last night was NEO lol." Yes, I had already had some interaction with him at an earlier date...the more the merrier!

January 08, 2024, 02:13:01 PM !TTM!HeadUK says: Cheers Tom.

January 08, 2024, 01:02:16 PM ToMMy2 says: For those who are not Ranked 55 and would like to unlock all weapon please go here it only take 30 second.
51.89.142.126:28950
Ranking Server
Thanks to OGHF no promotion intended

January 08, 2024, 12:56:46 PM ToMMy2 says: Hello I will be there if I dn't fall asleep lamo x

January 08, 2024, 10:27:07 AM !TTM!HeadUK says: The player Leo that was on the server last night was NEO lol.

January 08, 2024, 10:25:19 AM !TTM!HeadUK says: Welcome back Mr Smith (Tommy)

January 02, 2024, 03:49:33 AM !TTM!Gunbarrle says: hello guys :)

View Shout History

+-Stats ezBlock

Members
Total Members: 315
Latest: khsobhanah
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 4937
Total Topics: 466
Most Online Today: 757
Most Online Ever: 3553
(February 16, 2020, 12:12:39 AM)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 705
Total: 705

Server Banner

CoD4 config, Make Call of Duty 4 Smooth

Started by !TTM!HeadUK, April 02, 2013, 09:05:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

!TTM!HeadUK

The most important part of setting up your cod4 config (Configuration)are the console commands. To do this you need to run COD4 multiplayer, choose your account, go into options, game options, and Enable Console.

Now when you hit your ~ key the console will drop down. The settings you can get to in "options" are nothing compared to the literally thousands you have in the console. Only put the most important in your cod4 config.

/com_maxfps 125
One of the most important commands in cod4 is the FPS command, and Ill tell you why. You probably already know that more fps makes the game feel much smoother. What you might not know is that COD4 is based on the q3 engine and is designed to work at 125 FPS.What this means for you is that your going to have problems interacting with the game under 125 FPS. This can mean any thing from not being able to climb objects, or even bad hit detection during fire fights. The problem is your fps is set to 85 by default, lets fix it. Bring down you console and type "/com_maxfps 125" (with out "").

/cg_fov 80
Next up is the field of view command. FOV(field of view) is basically how much you can see on your monitor at one time. The higher the number the more you can see, which will give you a huge advantage over those who don't use this command. Default is 65 max is 80, to change it bring down your console and type "/cg_fov 80".

/r_drawdecals 1
Another helpful command is "r_drawdecals", set it to 1 for on and 0 for off. Its off by default, and don't be surprised if you turn it on then have to turn it off to get into certain servers. It basically cleans up some of the random paper and trash on the ground, and gives you an fps boost. But some servers want you to have bad fps and wont let you in unless its set to 0(note that the other commands will work fine on any server).

/maxpackets 100
Maxpackets next, this command command usually helps people who have good fps but bad hit registration. Default is 30 if your fps is set to 125 you should set maxpackets to this "/maxpackets 100".

/snaps 30
This command tells your cod4 server how many times to update positions of players, bullets ect per second. Default its 20 setting it to "/snaps 30" should make movement look smother and hits register better.

/r_drawsun 0
Disables the sun and a bunch of effects that is causes saving you a few fps.

/cg_brass 0
Turns off shell ejection. Not having to render them should send a few more fps your way, a good addition to your CoD4 config.

Mayhem

nice, concise guide, Rob. Thanks for placing this info in one location...perhaps if others have additional settings, they can make a post here also. Thanks again.

HappY

The Sweet Spot
i was reading this long time ago when i was very active in CoD2 and tweaking my cfg,practically CoD2 and CoD4 have a same Quake 3 engine,so 99.9% of console commands r the same  :)
so if u intrested in how q3 engine works(CoD4)read this and know everything about cod4 cfg and how to make the best,smooth cfg for your favorite game ;)
ps.todays graphic card can easily get a stabile 333 fps(its make your jump over a 10% better and in cod2 your sprint in some cases is silent)
http://bashandslash.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=51&Itemid=63
enjoy  ;)

HappY

!TTM!HuntR

I don't like to see the encouragement of using 333fps in Cod2 as it gives a really unfair advantage and takes away the ability to hear your enemy properly, plus it let's you jump higher and let's get to a few places which with any other fps are out of reach.

oNyX(bRon)

Having said that when you play cod2 competitively and at lans 333 fps was banned as well as anywhere you could jump to such as the middle roof in Toujane or jumping through the glitch in Carentan. Sometime i find if you are just playing for fun though and not too serious reducing your settings and getting rid of the finer touches of the game to boost fps may make you play better but the game just doesnt feel as nice :) I always prefer to max out the settings and just enjoy the graphics :)
Alienware m17x : Intel Core i7 3840-QM up to 3.8 gHz w/Turbo Boost, AMD Radeon HD 7970M, 16GB Corsair Vegeance RAM, 256gb SSD Samsuing 840 Series Pro, Razer Copperhead Mouse, Creative SoundBlaster Recon 3Di, Killer Wireless NIC

HappY

Quote from: !TTM!HuntR on April 03, 2013, 06:40:40 PM
I don't like to see the encouragement of using 333fps in Cod2 as it gives a really unfair advantage and takes away the ability to hear your enemy properly, plus it let's you jump higher and let's get to a few places which with any other fps are out of reach.
strange,i think u forget who give me  my first 333 cfg file,(or better who send me his cfg) before that u and a rest of OuTLawS r gangbanging me hmmmm i think half of year every day when i was running on poor 90 fps....and i never see that topic  "I don't like to see the encouragement of using 333fps..."in cod2 based clan...is that a bitch..its a great feeling when some1 drive a BMW and some1 drive sh*ti YUGO...like i said before its a same q3 engine so 333fps is a same thing in cod4,longer jump,faster movement,faster responce,and sometime silent run...and some1 still drive a sh*ti YUGO...Rob m8 u know i luv ya iven if u been baptized again   ???:D ;) :P
Mobb Deep; Survival of The Fittest

!TTM!HuntR

Don't get me wrong I'm no angel when it comes to jumping around where maybe i shouldn't be but it's rare, I was more just making the point that being silent annoys me xD love you too  :-*

pastaBake

Thanks for the info, found it to be very useful. Just one question what is the max. jump_height allowed on the TTM? I have a default of 39 but have doubled this to 78 just to see if it changes my current skip to a pole vault.
Will be interesting to see if the other settings improve my game play.

HappY

do just things that make your graphic more smoother and better risponce ingame ...jump...im not sure..never tryd it...

!TTM!HeadUK

Glad you found it Dave and it may help you improve, but it didnt stop me stabbing you loads of times on broadcast last night :D.

Mongrel2

Now this is great, relevant information to help us all get more competitive and better at COD4.  Thanks to all from the great ignoramus...Mongrel2 loves this shizza!

!TTM!HeadUK

If you want to tweak some graphics to increase your FPS in the game, use the console by pressing "~" button then type this commands.

cg_drawfps 1
diplays fps in top right corner

cg_drawlagometer 1
draw your Lagometer on screen

com_maxfps 125
(One of the most important commands in cod4 is the FPS command, and Ill tell you why. You probably already know that more fps makes the game feel much smoother. What you might not know is that COD4 is based on the q3 engine and is designed to work at 125 FPS.What this means for you is that your going to have problems interacting with the game under 125 FPS. This can mean any thing from not being able to climb objects, or even bad hit detection during fire fights. The problem is your fps is set to 85 by default, lets fix it. Bring down you console and type com_maxfps 125. If you want to remove the limit, type com_maxfps 0.

cg_fov 80
Next up is the field of view command. FOV(field of view) is basically how much you can see on your monitor at one time. The higher the number the more you can see, which will give you a huge advantage over those who don't use this command. Default is 65 max is 80, to change it bring down your console and type "cg_fov 80".

r_drawdecals 1
Another helpful command is "r_drawdecals", set it to 1 for on and 0 for off. Its off by default, and don't be surprised if you turn it on then have to turn it off to get into certain servers. It basically cleans up some of the random paper and trash on the ground, and gives you an fps boost. But some servers want you to have bad fps and wont let you in unless its set to 0(note that the other commands will work fine on any server).

maxpackets 100
Maxpackets next, this command command usually helps people who have good fps but bad hit registration. Default is 30 if your fps is set to 125 you should set maxpackets to this "/maxpackets 100".

snaps 30
This command tells your cod4 server how many times to update positions of players, bullets ect per second. Default its 20 setting it to "/snaps 30" should make movement look smother and hits register better.

r_drawsun 0
Disables the sun and a bunch of effects that is causes saving you a few fps.

cg_brass 0
Turns off shell ejection. Not having to render them should send a few more fps your way, a good addition to your CoD4 config.

cl_packetdup 1
Duplicates packets send between player and server - players with a good connection and no packet loss should use 0, players with packet loss should use a higher number (0-5) most players use 1-2

sm_enable 0
Turns off unique Shadows ingame, it boosts FPS more than most commands

r_multigpu 1
can add more FPS

r_cachemodellighting 1
can add more FPS

r_cacheSmodellighting 1
can add more FPS

r_aaAlpha 0
remove the anti-aliasing / smudge effects, this can free up more FPS also

r_texfiltermipmode 2
Turns it to bilinear filtering, which should give you the best fps

r_rendererPreference 0
to use Shader Model 2.0 instead of 3.0 which will increase fps for those people using old videocards

Now Type...
/vid_restart

You're done... enjoy! ;)

ffr3ds

This is really useful as much to put the changes as understanding thx boss

+-Recent Topics

Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, by khsobhanah
March 14, 2024, 03:16:16 PM

Update on Rob by !TTM!DavJaVu
December 25, 2023, 12:10:49 AM

getting old by !TTM!DonPietro 比利
September 21, 2023, 12:04:44 AM

people by !TTM!HeadUK
September 11, 2023, 05:13:07 PM

daffy duck by !TTM!HeadUK
August 09, 2023, 10:45:46 AM

Website Moved host by !TTM!HeadUK
February 26, 2023, 10:59:30 PM

Euro Truck Simulator 2 by !TTM!DavJaVu